Reporting you Child’s Absence
To report your child’s absence we ask you call Mrs. Mortimer at 705-869-1651 or email email@example.com with your child’s name, class and reason for their absence. Our answering machine is available 24 hours a day. If you know your child will be away, please feel free to leave a message at any time.
“A safe arrival program is a system of procedures which are performed together with daily school attendance taking. Parents and guardians are responsible for their children’s safety. The safe arrival program is a mechanism that parents and schools can use to account for any pupil’s unexplained failure to arrive at school.” Excerpt from news release from Ontario Ministry of Education and Training February 2 1999.
- Parents are responsible for communicating to the school to relate any planned pupil absences or late arrivals to school. This procedure is outlined in the school handbook.
- Parents may send in a written explanation, call during office hours or leave a message on the school’s answering machine.
- A log of calls from parents or others who report absences or lates is maintained in the office.
- Notes from home are sent to the office as soon as possible following morning announcements. The school secretary will identify any unexplained absences that require follow-up contact by telephone.
- Parents, guardians, and caregivers are responsible for providing the school with complete and current emergency information to enable the school to make any necessary follow-up contacts.
- If your child needs to leave early for an appointment please communicate these details in writing to the teacher. If you have made alternative arrangements for picking up your child at the end of the day please communicate these details in writing to the teacher.
Student information sheets will be updated each school year. Please notify the secretary of any changes at any time.
The safe arrival program will be reviewed annually to confirm its effectiveness.